Here's my latest project: a gargantuan squiggoth for orks in 40K. I want to share with everyone the way that I built it, so other people might be inspired to do scratchbuilding an conversions as well. See pictures
1. the model is a Revell Dinosaur, a triceratops like creature that I bought at Capitola Hobbies for 14.95. I removed his 'crown' (used the spikes as tusks).
2. the howdah is made of plasticard and fits nicely on the back of the animal.
3. one of the big lobbas is actually a long bomb that I turned around and stuck into an old cannon bit. The more pieces you can find that make it look semi reasonable, the better
4. the big one: resculpting the head, body and tail with DAS clay. It worked like a dream. It sticks to the plastic and you can paint it. THe holes in the skin were made with a ball point pen. I heated the plastic tusks to bend them a little.
5. More Howdah work: started adding bolts (made with a holepucher 1/8 diameter (Palace Arts)) and more metal siding, using cardboard
6. Painted the howdah and added cardboard emblems
7. Painted the squiggoth, dark angels green over black undercoat, camo green drybrush, bleached bone dry brush.
Enjoy the result!