Monday, March 1, 2010

Corbec becomes a squad leader for the Bishkek 2nd


I have had a model like this for a long time: it's the old Col Colm Corbec from Gaunts Ghosts (still available online, get it!) I never dared to paint this model, not wanting to commit blasphemy by doing a poor job and always wanting my one set to become the Ghosts with the camo cloaks.
Then I picked up a second model and having two, I dared to do something with it.
I painted him in really muted colors and made the body and base kind of blend into each other. The fence is from the Fantasy terrain set.

All in all I am very pleased with the result and this model will become the squad leader in the Kalmyk portion of the Bishkek 2nd.
Mike

5 comments:

  1. Mini and the base look great... Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Squad leaders have laspistols not lasrifles

    ReplyDelete
  3. argh...that tells you that I don't really play that much...
    sorry, I guess I will have to make him a old soldier
    m

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colm carries a standard issue lasgun in the gaunts ghosts books and since it's a model of an actual specific character, I'd say he's fine anonymous.

    Must dig him out of my bits box, he'd be good in a kill team. Excellent job Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really great pose, nicely presented. Makes me think seriously about pulling out my Gaunts figures and painting them up.

    ReplyDelete