Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Some Finished Storm Wardens, Blood Talons

I think these are done for now, some last details were added and the Secret Weapon bases painted.

First the Captain, leader of the detachment.
He started life as a metal Dark Angels figure which I removed lots of stuff from with a Dremel tool. The shield was fantasy chaos and then modified to match the chapter symbol. The iron halo was from a plastic servo skull.

Up next is the Land Speeder, shown with most of the weapons mounted and not codex legal. All the weapons are removable, and there is also a heavy bolter. I got rid of some of the fiddly bits and smoothed it out quite a bit.
2 models down and plenty to go.

I have also been messing around with some Blood Angels stuff, here is some in progress pics of some Dred. blood talons.

These arms are from the Ironclad Dred. , after steeling these you have plenty left for the Ironclad.

I trimmed off the ribbed part on the right arm, to match the left.

I used these Nid claws from a Gaunt.

I cast up some fists, but these are the same as the plastic ones. I used a file to notch the fingers to take the claws.

I will fit them to the arms with a little spacer, and they will go to my Death Company Furioso, for some close combat devastation.

last, a test of a Dark Angels assault marine with a new winged jump pack

don't hate, I still love them even with a broken codex, and the new Twilight/Blood Angels, emo, sexy vampire trend is fine, but I still dig the original goth, inner struggle of the first angels chapter.

John

4 comments:

  1. There's alot to like about this post.
    1.)Excellent work on the Storm Wardens project.
    2.)Fascinating conversion on the Dred (casting fists you say?).
    3.)Personally, I love when somebody sticks with a chapter/army through thick & thin, and I'm glad you can milk some fresh looks for you Dark Angels from the new BA bits. Well done, sir. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "don't hate, I still love them even with a broken codex, and the new Twilight/Blood Angels, emo, sexy vampire trend is fine, but I still dig the original goth, inner struggle of the first angels chapter."

    :chest thump:

    Respect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you think the Dark Angel would look with the wings painted black/dark gray? I thought that would look pretty neat.

    The Storm Warden captain looks great, as does the land speeder.

    The Dread conversion is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blood talon conversion is wonderful. I am going to give that a try. I love the bases for the storm wardens! I makes me want to paint up a squad as well.

    ReplyDelete