Monday, August 2, 2010

Voytek and Nurgle Death Guard Raptor Squad

Well, I did some work to the Bear, but I have to say I am not really that exited about it.

He just looks a bit sad, more like a slave bear. I think the ammo crate looks ok, but I think this guy needs to be more aggressive looking.


I may try again with a handler, but I think I am going to finish the Vostroyan Command squad, and then figure out how to fit him in better, but for now I am tired of looking at him.

So, I think I will get some work done on my Death Guard.

I decided to bring these guys to Baltimore for my Games Day pilgrimage, so I have lots to do before then.

Earlier I did a post on a Nurgle themed Raptor for my Death Guard.

I now have five of these guys with two meltas and I think I may still give the champ a fist.


I planned to use them as tank hunters and to bring in deep striking stuff, or deamons. With so few models, I think I might try to keep them out of close combat, so then I wouldn't need the fist.

Any ideas?

John

3 comments:

  1. Maybe try to put something on the ground in front of the bear? Like for example dead guy. He would look like sad because of the casualty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the bear looks pretty good. I can see the sadness, but I don't think it's too... sad? Maybe it's war weary-ness? You could always seek out another bear mini, but I really think this one isn't too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!

    Maybe you can use this miniature

    http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/bear/sku-down/14452

    I was looking bear mounted cavalry and when I saw this miniature I thought about your problem with the sad bear.

    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete