Knights of Bal Timorea - John's Heraldry Ideas

I have always had an interest in heraldry, so I figured I would look into my family's past for some heraldry for my model.

The Dickerman Family Crest

I figured I would try to paint it by hand, but the three tiny Half lions rampant were going to be really small, so I figured I would search around on the internet for some tiny heraldry icon decals that I could add to my freehand.

In my searching I came across Citadel Six. Geoff makes custom made to order decal sheets designed to fit GW Bretonnians. He was very helpful and worked with me to figure out what I would end up using.

I sent him my Father's Family crest and my Mother's family crest as I had the idea of marshaling or combining them. I was advised that the details would be tough to see at that scale so I decided to use my Fathers Family crest, but also add some of my Mom's to the decal sheets for future projects, I was so impressed with the quality that I decided to add some decals for foot troops also.

The Wilken Crest from my Mom's side.

Here is what I got in the mail.
Decal sheets and instructions, with application tips.

Here is my horse with some paint and barding in The Dickerman family livery of red and yellow.
I painted the shields white to prep them for the decals
I also laid down some Ard Koteon the shields to make it glossy for the decal area to be nice and smooth.

Stay tuned to see how the decals turned out.

John

Comments

  1. Nice work on that horse - I like the split colours on the caparisons to match the main arms.
    Looks like a good service from Citadel Six too - I'm tempted!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment