The Bishkek 2nd Basilisk Battery is finally finished. The diorama is painted up and ready for play/display. I took a bunch of photos, maybe they will inspire a reader to do something similar. It is incredibly fun to make something like this. You can click on the images to see them bigger.
This was the inspiration: WWII German 88mm battery
Of course I am still learning how to make the plastic card bend to my will and if I had to do it again, I would not have a separation in the middle. Next time it will be better...
Top view. I really worked on the positioning of everything, trying to create a diagonal line of interest from the top right to the bottom left.
Very important to me also was conveying a feeling of cramped space, like we all read in Gaunt's Ghosts.
More ammo. Notice the open one. I sawed of 4 sides of a resin ammocrate and glued them back together again so I could put a shell in.
Barrels, plank and tarp. The tarp was made from paper, dipped in glue.
The Gnome. I made sure to have the sand blow up against the vehicle
Back of the Gnome with grimy guardsman
He is noticing his comrade asking for silence...
He has spotted something..
The gun is detachable. I played a game against John last week and brought the whole thing, which looked great on the table. We just ignore the cover save part. It's a pity not to use it
That was it. Hope you enjoyed this series. To see the other parts, click on Basilisk in the label cloud.