Space Wolves: Arjac Rockfist conversion is painted


This bad boy looks of course much better in the flesh (and from a little farther away...), but anyhow. I worked hard on him and enjoyed painting up a spacemarine. They are so hard to paint, having smooth armour and stuff.
I used a lot of bling on him to make him stand out on the battlefield, besides having his anvil on his back...
I dabbled around with minimal lighting, only highlighting small sections of all the rims. You can see that on the front on his chest and here on the back on his back legs.
Here a topview; i still struggle with tiny, tiny straight lines..The wolf head on the hammer I painted like this:
gold
sepia wash
gold highlight
gold/silver 1:1
gold/silver 1:3


For a list of bitz that I used to make him, go here.

Next up a Wolfguard unit of 4 Terminators. For my list I unabashedly follow the wisdom over at The Spacewolves blog.

More coming up soon!

Mike

Comments

  1. Thanks for the plug Mike :)
    Which list are you borrowing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah! You have to look really close to recognise the black reach sarge. That's the hallmark of a great conversion. And it sports a nice paintjob to boot.

    Well done, dear sir.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adam: I am using your ideas about the best terminator squad with all the combi weapons. In the end I want to end up with 15 Termies, one dred, on droppod and one LR plus a few HQ's=1500 pts.
    Mike
    SCWH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work, I didn't even recognize him as the AoBR Sgt. until I saw it in the comments.

    Ron, From the Warp

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey looks awesome. Nice conversion and nice paint job. I am looking forward to seeing more of the army as you finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. May I ask how you painted the armour? I really like it. Great conversion

    ReplyDelete
  7. brother ludovich:
    After the usual drybrush and lining, I used a much lighter color but lined only part of each rim, like a corner or the top part of a rim, blending it slightly into darker blue. I kind of stole it from Ron from FTW and developed it further.
    Mike
    SCWH

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment