Wednesday, September 26, 2012

SCWH Traitor Guard Part 4: Heavy Weapon Squad 1



I knew from the start of this project that I wanted my Heavy Weapon Squad to be counts-as, and looking more like Artillery (which the Guard inexplicably lacks) in WW1. So before looking at the model, remember this: you are really looking at two guys with a heavy bolter or lasgun or mortar. But I love the idea of an interesting mini diorama and had fun making it. In a game I will just mention what actual weapon is in play.

Here's the unpainted and painted version


The gun body is from the 40K Ork Lobba, the barrel is a home made piece of tubing. The wheels come from the large Skaven Bell Kit.

I created the sandbags using the tutorial in the Forgeworld Modeling book vol 1. It's really easy and fun. I have done a tutorial on it years ago right here.
The rest of it was balsawood and beach sand and a bit of playing around with positioning.


Here's a shot from the back. The back wheel is a Chaos bit from the olden days, but I don't know where it's from. I have three more and got them in a trade ages ago. Finally found a use for it. I added the pin and attachment to secure it in the swamp.

The other side

I gave this guy an Ipad, just for fun. 

Little details help


The front 'fender' is a bit of plastic card with rivets and an old chaos star.
And here is the unit with four new friends that I will introduce next time!

PS: I am looking for TWO more Ork Lobbas (just need that gun body piece) If anyone has one that they want to trade or sell, let me know!

SC Mike

6 comments:

  1. Great job, really good choice of colour on the wheels, gives a strong contrast against the rest of the model.

    My only suggestion would be maybe to angle the barrel slightly higher on one of the others to give it a more 'artillery' feel, but that's just personal preference :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice cobbled together piece. Needs a midget to fly out of the end of teh cannon with a crash helmet on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im really in love with your new project, everything s stunning in there, expecially i like the individual feeling of every model you made..
    im waiting for more update, and for more ideas to steal you :P for my bloodpact

    ReplyDelete