Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Using Photoshop to preview your Tau Paint Scheme



When I was photographing my 1st finished Tau Tank, I figured I take it into Photoshop and play with the Hue. I use photoshop all day for my work and actually never thought about it before. I made a short (and clumsy) video of it: check it out


The way to get to the hue is CTRL-U

Of course this method is kind of funky, since you need a painted model to begin with, but you could download an image from the web, import it and start playing. I personally think the orange brown one (when the slider was to the left) looked really interesting..

anyway, hope you think it is helpful!

SC Mike

3 comments:

  1. Ah man, I've been thinking of doing a similar post for a few days! I've been using photoshop for a while, and recently made the effort to take better pictures of miniatures, because I had an interview where I need to be able to do such a thing. I've tried this out quite a bit and then noticed noone had posted about it, and then there we are lol.

    Its a cracking ability to have though, recommend to anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice suggestion Mike! I have used the army painter in Dawn of War: Dark Crusade to preview schemes in the past, but the pallet is really limited compared to PS.

    ReplyDelete