Goin' Rogue Part 2: more Bishkek 2nd recruits


I painted a few more Kalmyk 1st troopers, who after the demise of their army, were forcefully integrated into the Bishkek 2nd whose army I am modeling. The Kalmyk shoulder pads have a small patch of grey which distinguishes them from the original Bishkek troops who have dark brown on both sides.

I am still using up all the individual 1994 metal Imperial Guard models for this squad and hope to be able to have 10 that all look different. Right now I have nine and I am looking for that last one.
These models are an absolute joy to paint and they look great. I am not converting them at all. They have excellent detail and good character, they are really nice sculpts. All you IG players should hunt some down and paint them!

Here are the new recruits:

I am getting better at the small numbers

A heavy weapon squad with the big bolter. I used a see through flying base and sculpted the ground on there, making sure the carriage is sunken in the mud because of weight. The guy with the extra ammo is an awesome model.
Here's the squad so far. if anyone has any models of this range that are not showing and you want to give them a good home, let me know at mike.tess@charter.net. I have lots of stuff to trade.
Here is Bishkek 2nd so far (the Valkyrie is not pictured).

Hope you enjoy!

Mike

Comments

  1. Awesome work on the classic minis. I have some of the old old guard minis I'm trying to find a coherent use for. Maybe a single unit within a larger guard army is the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice scheme- gives a very "good LORD did I get my tetanus shot recently?" vibe

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is shaping up into an excellent force mate. Between the classic mini's and the scratch build vehicles, you've got one hell of an eye catch force.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike,

    Great work ..... classic models add to the story line of your force.

    Great stuff

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the detail on the bases on the new recruits. What is that one mini standing on , the object that looks to be a penny?

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for all your great comments!
    Tegeus: here's the link to that Dragon Forge base, it's the right bottom one

    http://dragonforge.com/for%20sale%20images/dforge%20items%20for%20sale/Gaming%20bases/wasteland%20II/wasteland%20II%2025mm%20round%20set%202%20pic%202.jpg

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I like this squad, I have always had a soft spot for these guys. That being said, if your still looking for another one of these, I have one with a flamer that would like to live with his companions, if you are interested I would be happy to donate him to the cause. Let me know. maglusvagh@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment