Death Company Storm Raven, Part 4: starting on the details


I think I need one more post after this one to finish up the Death Company Storm Raven for the Heroes of Armageddon. Here is the progress report:

here is the plane with the red crosses done up. You can see I also added one on the bottom of the front cockpit.
 here's a top view after lining certain part of the panels with white. Click on this for a better view. I have been struggling since the beginning with the hightlighting of the black. The light grey streaking worked well, but I wanted to make it a little more artsy, adding small white lines in some spots. After this picture I washed the lines with black to mute them a bit. I think it looks allright and a bit different.
On the crosses: I washed and hightlighted parts of them, to give them some depth.
Here's the finished base with the ruined oil pipes. you can see I painted up oil leaks/stains to make it more realistic. I am pretty happy with the base, it looks appropriate and different from the plane flying over it.

Oh yeah, and a couple days ago I picked up this Tau Army which was sitting in the garage of Tony, one of the regulars at the Santa Cruz Warhammer Game Night. he and i came to a good deal and I am now the proud owner of this force, which is exciting.

Final post will come up next Sunday. And....you can win this plane, if you contribute to the Heroes of Armageddon...this model will become part of the Blood Angels force, put together by Jawaballs.

cheers
Mike

Comments

  1. That Storm Raven looks great Mike! Nice job. I'm sure those Tau will end up looking just as cool.

    Cheers
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. The raven is awesome. You did a great job with the black!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea the black looks awesome. I never thought painting models that way but it makes the model look like its on the move. Base looks great too, I will have to do something similar to make out bases match somewhat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've another Hammerhead for you, if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2501: maybe drop me a line at mike dot tess at charter dot net
    cheers
    Mike

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment