Cheap Zombies are no masterpieces, but they are cheap


I worked some more on the cheap squad I showed you yesterday, wanting to finish up more zombies to get ready for my next game. here's a step by step, really dirty and quick paintjob. Remember, the paintjob can be like that until the last highlight, which I haven't done yet. I have really taken painting more serious over the years, but I couldn't help doing this quickly and that in itself was fun. Here's the tutorial on how to go fast

Here's the squad, painted white and brown

A quick drybrush over the earth


Heavy wash over all of it


 Now some different colors washes while all is still wet; use it sparingly! Red
 Green
 Blue
 On the larger bodies you have a bit more room to work
 After a bit of drying, white drybrush
 Starting to look a bit better
 Then a black wash around all creases of the zombies coming out of the ground
 A bit of grass
I will finish it up tomorrow


Hope this inspires! No masterpieces but good enough for FREE units: play those counts! They are super COOL

Mike

Comments

  1. Mike, they're looking great. Simple, but deeply inspired. And inspiring....fantastic stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be hard on yourself; I don't think zombies are supposed to look beautiful.

    No, they won't likely be winning any golden demons, but they capture the essence of zombieism perfectly. I think they look great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations for beginning Blog of Note. I know Google loves you. Can you please add my blog to your blogroll? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How much did all the stuff you have cost? Helping a friend start out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look gorgeous. Well in as gorgeous as zombie renditions can look haha. Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really Cool, oh how i wish i could afford to play warhammer again :( Its so good. These Zombies look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy smokes, fantastic! I included your blog in my Fantasy Directory, but it's nothing right now and won't get the attention it deserves for another month or two.

    You popped-up on Blogger's Recommended list and I was blown-away. This may sound like a spammy comment just to promote myself, but I really just wanted to stop and give you a shout of encouragement.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to see a mini painter making it onto the blog os note list :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is so cool! great detailing!

    indecisionisadisease.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pieces of art collection! Although I thought they were brownies at first glance!

    You really did a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. VERY COOL. CONGRATS ON BEING CHOSEN A BLOG OF NOTE!

    Steve
    Common Cents
    http://www.commoncts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment