Custom movement/display tray for hex bases!

 I have been steadily working on my big Chaos Beastmen project and decided to have some custom movement trays made for them. You cannot find trays with hex bases anywhere, so had to go to Warbases UK to have them custom made for me.

Old GW hex bases from the 80's measure about 28.5mm on the longest side, so I sent Diane and Martin at Warbases a measurement and a rough description. At first I wanted a random placement of the holes and a wavy front, but after they sent me a mockup I decided to have the edges straightened and make it more conventional. It was so nice to create a dialogue with the team over there so I could get exactly what I wanted. Also, in the end, they went out and tracked down an original GW hex base, just to make sure the holes would be the correct size.

                                                                                Measurements I sent in

                                                                                            warbases UK mockup

                                                                                                  Final MDF Result


After I got the trays sent to California from the UK (I ordered a few of them), I decided create some terrain on the tray as to match the bases of the chaos warband. Using Milliput, some beach sand, a bit of bark and small rocks from an old GW terrain kit I created this:

And here is the finished result, a nice cohesive unit, ready for display!




If you need a custom design done for a play movement tray or display tray, head over to the Warbases Website HERE. They are great to work with and very reasonably priced! Let's support small businesses when we can, alright?


                                                                         SC Mike

Comments