Oldhammer: White Dwarf 131 Townhouse!



In White Dwarf 131 Dave Andrews and Phil Lewis set up a perfect little modeling project: A townhouse for your Warhammer battles. I decided to build one, here's the play by play!

1. I used 1/4 inch foam board as the base. Using tracing paper I traced the designs straight from the article onto it. After that I taped the tracing paper to the board and on the corners pricked little holes. With a ruler I connected those and got my shapes to cut out.

2. I put together the basic shape of the house using good old Elmers

3. After that the laborious part: cutting out all the beams from balsa wood. I used pretty thin ones, definitely looks better to have the wood be thinner and smaller. 

4. Then the roof tiles and the stucco. I used some Citadel texture paint for that- Martian Earth. The roof tiles came from poster paper, I cut it up in long strips and randomly cut pieces off in different sizes. After that I glued them in a haphazard way to make it look a bit ramshackle and medieval.

5. I wanted to match the color of the house in the White Dwarf which looked like this:

6: and here it is! The barrel was from Old School Miniatures I believe.


I gifted this house to a friend. Hope this inspires!

SC Mike

Comments