Leman Russ Kartvelian Variant Part 5: it's ready for battle!


I finished the Leman Russ Kartvelian Variant. Over the last month I kept you posted on all the thoughts behind this new design, so let's move right on over to the pictures:
This is what I started with:
and this is what it looks like now.
After the camo pattern was applied, I gloss coated the tank and used oil paints to weather it. When that was done, I matt coated it and did a light bleached bone drybrush over the bottom half of the tank. I didn't want to make it too rusty this time around. I did highlight every rivet, making a compromise between the forgeworld method of realism and the White Dwarf method of nice looking.
I like this tank commander a lot. He has a realistic pose and demeanor to him.
Here's the gunner's cupola
here's a shot of the back
and, although this shot is blurry, you can see it's worth it spending some time on details like stowage.
the front
Hope you enjoyed this series. If you want to check out how it was built, here are the other parts

Mike

Comments

  1. Hey that's pretty fantastic! Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good stuff right there. Thanks for posting the entire series for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Top notch conversion, I really enjoyed seeing it come together - keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Insane, man. Very, very nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Great looking tank, and an inspirational walk-through.

    Thank you, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That tank looks so very brutal from the front. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning Work there..
    i'm learning many things to improve my skills..thank you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment