Sunday, March 30, 2008

Weathering Chaos Nurgle

Painted Typhus and wanted to make him dark and rusty and damp, black and chestnut ink washes over green drybrushing. I used 'Ard Coat to make the wet looking highlights.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Ork Warbike Conversions

I wasn't too impressed with the new ork warbike models, they seemed too cramped and ornamented with fluffy details. I wanted my bikes more stripped down and I also wanted to add a sidecar so the gretchin could hang out there. On one of the bikes I extended the front forks. The third one I kept original but added a grot from the loota set. Positioning the bike in a dynamic way always helps. Will paint soon.

Monday, March 24, 2008

Nurgle Chaos Plague Warhounds

I picked up the new plastic dire wolves , and I think they will work well as Nurgle plague warhounds, not much conversion needed.

here is one with boils and poxes of PVA glue.

here it is based, and Christian added some 'Ard Coat to the meaty parts to make more slimey.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Toy Store $2 Terradon Conversion

I was having trouble finding Terradon models at the local game store, so I went to the toy store and bought a $2 toy dinosaur.

marked the areas to be removed with a marker,

trimmed off the extra wing area and shortened the neck and legs,

sculpted a new beak, crest and tail with green stuff.

added scales with PVA glue

I finished with blue and green ink wash and highlights.

Monday, March 3, 2008

A easy piece of terrain in one weekend

I was inspired by an old version of GW's How to make terrain.
(It is a GREAT book; ignore the paint trends and colors/ just focus on the concepts. In this book all the buildings are made of corrugated cardboard and PVA glue; it makes it very accessible and easy to start a project. No plastic card or other stuff needed). In this article they built an old temple that I used a the basis for my ruin.

I tore up an old cardboard box and made a few walls. The posts were made of balsa wood. I anticipated that the cardboard base would warp, so I glued down a few pieces of wood, which would keep it level. The wood scraps also serve as the broken stone floor. I finished the walls with some spackle.

To finish it up I found some rocks in the yard and positioned them nicely. I had an old tree laying around, so added that to one of the sides for some balance.

After priming in black I sprayed some textured paint on the walls to make the dry brush easier.

After flocking and adding pebbles, I chose a reddish color scheme like in the original book article. It took in total no more then 3 hours for start to finish excluding drying time.