OK, I figured out the shell problem and have decided to go with the Vindicator Shell, cut short at bit. Now I just have to round up a few more and I am set to go. Which thinking about shells, I dreamed up a little remote controlled vehicle with tracks that the guys can use to move heavy stuff like shells, around. In a burst of creativity I put this little thing together in one late, late night.
The Bishkek Command calls it: RBL for Remote controlled Bulk Loader, the non commisioned officers dare to call it the Rubble, but the rank and file call it by its appropriate name: the Gnome.
The Gnome has a shell carrier on the back, an little engine in the middle and a loading platform up top. It has a handy light on the front. The handler can run it with a remote control )joystick based) and with the use of tracks it can go pretty much anywhere. As with a few other Bishkek vehicles, this one has been built without the explicit blessings of the Omissiah, so don't expect to see these in mass production.
Here is how I made it (most of you will have all these bitz):
A Chimera piece with the attachment for the dozer, cut to make it narrower.
Glue this against the bottom sides; anything will work for this.
Go to your lady's sowing basket and find eight buttons, glue them to the sides like so:
Looks like a tank already! Next up: cut some chimera tracks in half:
This part is messy. I wish I had rubber Tamiya tracks, but alas. The top part will get covered so don't worry about the higher parts, make sure you make the bend:
On the Chimera hull sprue are two pieces with hinges, cut those to size and attach them. Also add the pulley from the Vindicator.
Make sure modeling is a family thing. Nothing is worse then making this a hobby for papa's spare time. My girls love to hobby themselves when I am busy and so does my wife. Every weekend day we have modeling hour (or two). here's my youngest one working on a helicopter from Balsawood.
Here's a comparison to a trooper:
I wanted to add stowage and a canvas over it, so to fill it up, glue down some old bitz, cut down to a shape:
I dipped paper in glue and put it on, after drying added some yarn. I made the loops from plastic rod. Added an antenna for the RC use
Then to the spraybooth. First a light beige, then some UHU tack over it and added some dark brown
doesn't look like much
Devlan mud over it
Impatient as I am, here's my fast drying solution. That orange thing is my magnifying glass
And after a lot of weathering: there it is!
On the canvas: I painted it catachan green with brown drybrushing, came out very nice.
With his handler
I might add it to the diorama..
here's another angle
let me know what you all think..